Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Op-Eds about stuff

So this was a piece about google lifting it's censorship of searches in China. I thought it was interesting to think that the internet could be monitored like that all throughout a country. The author seemed to think that it was good for google to lift it's censorship as well as for other american companies to follow suit.


This article talks about the Los Angeles child care system severing ties with United Care who currently deals with the choosing of where the foster children will go. The author has the strong opinion that this is the right thing to do and backs it up with not only facts but also some compelling metaphors. Knowing nothing about this subject I am convinced that this was the right thing to do based on this article

The Red-Headed Stepchild: Concerts are more enjoyable if people follow a few rules

I really enjoyed this article. It talked about how people need to follow a few common sense rules at concerts. All reasons were backed by valid arguments and also inflections of personal that really made it relatable. The only argument I have is that depending on what kind of concert it is, they are supposed to be rowdy. For example, you don't go to a Mudvayne concert to stand around and share beer. You go to mosh. And if you don't mosh you stand back so you don't get hit and do your own thing.



1 comment:

  1. Op eds about stuff, eh? Were the midterms hard?

    (you may or may not get the brilliant film reference I just made.)

    What is going on with your word wrapping on this blog? it is cutting entire words in twang! can anything be done?

    ReplyDelete